Centrifuges are regulated to meet safety requirements and recommendations for mechanical as well as electrical safety. Maintenance must be performed annually to ensure functionality and safety for the locking mechanism, imbalance switch, rotors, corrosion and wear. Additionally, electrical safety tests including earth leakage and connectivity are also needed. Maintenance will be aligned with service manuals from manufacturers and can include:
- Functional check.
- Visual inspection internal and external.
- Inspection of locking and brake mechanism.
- Calibration and possible adjustment.
- Electrical safety test.
- General cleaning of instrument (maximum ½ hour).
- Working hour during service/maintenance.