PCR instruments are to be validated, calibrated and function checked to ensure that the instruments meet manufacturer specifications. This is recommended to be performed annually to ensure operation and safety in regards to temperatures in the wells. The electrical system should be checked in regards to grounding, leakage current and connectivity. Maintenance will be aligned with service manuals from manufacturers and can include:
- Functional check.
- Temperature validation of the thermal blocks.
- Check of temperature in lids.
- Visual inspection of instruments and wells.
- Check of fan system/heat dissipation system.
- Electrical safety test.
- General cleaning of instrument and wells (maximum ½ hour).
- Working hour during service/maintenance.
- Technical aids.