In regards to medical device safety and performance, it is important that infusion pumps are regularly tested. This ensures that they are functioning to the manufacturer’s specifications and are within clinical and environmental expectations.
Maintenance will be aligned with service manuals from manufacturers and includes:
- Visuel Check – Chassis, Labels etc.
- Internal Check – Plugs and liquid.
- Test of all buttons.
- Verify Date & Time.
- Test of air in hose Alarm.
- Check drop-counter.
- Open door Alarm.
- Delivered Volume test.
- Occlusion test.
- Battery test.
- Electrical safety test.
- General cleaning of instrument (maximum ½ hour).
- Working hour during service/maintenance.
- Technical aids.